As an additional service during this time, we have established email@example.com where you can ‘Ask Fishbowl’ experts anything, tactical or strategic, about your brand’s situation or needs. Submit your questions by end of day Wednesday, April 15, and on Friday afternoon we’ll publish the most common questions, and our POV on each topic.
Below are recommendations for creating incremental traffic in the short-term, developed through analysis of our internal data, plus an assessment of what over 100 leading brands are doing consistently. On Wednesday, we will publish recommendations for driving another growth lever – average check spend.
Any Channel (Drive-Thru, Takeout, Delivery)
- Availability: Eliminate uncertainty by confirming hours of operation, and current promotions/specials, across all forms of media regularly.
- Consider sending a recurring email reminder of your hours and specials (while still maintaining relatively normal email frequency).
- Promotions and Discounting: Maintain 2 or 3 simple every day offers that will stay top-of-mind with consumers as a compelling alternative to cooking.
- Occasions: Create a mid-week special using a deep discount like “Kids Hot Lunch Wednesday” or “Date Night Thursday: Half Off Adult Beverages” to generate trial or an additional purchase occasion.
- Couponing: Free Item (including Buy One, Get One) during mid-week continues to be an opportunity to generate incremental visits.
- Reinforce availability with large “We Are Open” signage on-premise where possible, and include the easiest way to order (phone number or URL).
- Order wait times have become inconsistent. An assurance like “ready in 15 minutes” can keep you top of mind and increase consideration.
- Remind customers that orders can be delivered to a local friend, relative or an essential worker. These gifts can prompt a reciprocal purchase.
- Include re-order incentives with all delivery packaging.
The Fishbowl team remains committed to supporting your brand during this time.